Thursday, July 3, 2008

July News

Greetings! This is my first Blog and now that I have started to write one, I don’t know why it took me so long to get started. But, anyway, here I am and I have lots to share with you about the many programs and services available at the Mission Viejo Library.

First, it is not to late to participate in SummerRead, our free annual summertime reading program. SummerRead is our “signature” event and offers something for everyone. Children, teens, and adults can, by reading or being read to, win prizes. The Friends of the Mission Viejo Library sponsors SummerRead, and they have been doing so for the past 11 years.

I am thrilled to announce that there will be special free program, “Let’s Get Organized”, featuring professional organizer, Sallie Sills, on Tuesday, July 29, 2008, at 6:30 p.m. in the Friends Community Room. I don’t know about you, but any tips I can get on how to get organized, I am there! For details call me at 830-7100, extension 3076.

If you were to ask me about my favorite things here at the Mission Viejo Library, I would then have to ask you, “how much time do you have?”. Briefly, here are a few of my favorite things (and I think that you will quickly make them your favorite things, as well): The Friends of the Mission Viejo Library Bookstore which is open every day and has great bargains on gently used books and the library’s extensive DVD collection which contains not only feature films but also provocative documentaries. The next time you are visiting the library, check them out.

I look forward to sharing more information about the Mission Viejo Library with you next month!

Happy Reading (and viewing and listening!)

Valerie Maginnis
Director of Library Services

No comments: